Friday, January 4, 2008

#61 - Watch Breakfast at Tiffany's


It's hot.


I sat on the couch in little clothes, a cold bottle of water and the fan floating round the room.


I loved Breakfast at Tiffany's. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into at first. Carlin has a giant wall mount of Audrey Hepburn in his room in a scene from the movie and it often makes me ponder about the movie I've never seen.


Holly Golightly's flakiness and vulnerability is quite striking. I appreciate in others (albeit a conjured character) what I do not possess myself.


I was a little perturbed by the fact that in the literature it was originally derived, the heroine was a working girl. On the back cover of the movie it said she was a "play girl". They allude to her occupation a little but you're never quite sure. Were they afraid to actually show the seedy world of 'payment for sex'? Instead they glamourise it and confirm nothing.


I wanted to be at that party, I wanted to prance around in her clothes, wake up in the morning with amazing hair and immaculate makeup and kiss passionately in the rain.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

oh i would love to wake up with immaculate hair and make-up in the morning (especially when there's someone lying beside you!) but it never happens!
and we should DEFINATELY watch dating the enemy before i go! haha
X